Scottish Commission on Social Security: Complaints Handling Procedure
Draft Customer Facing Complaints Handling Procedure
- Document Cover
- What is a complaint?
- What can I complain about?
- What can’t I complain about?
- Who can complain?
- How do I complain?
- How long do I have to make a complaint?
- What happens when I have complained?
- Stage 1: Frontline response
- Stage 2: Investigation
- What if I’m still dissatisfied?
- Getting help to make your complaint
- Our contact details
- Quick guide to our complaints procedure
What is a complaint?
2) We regard a complaint as any expression of dissatisfaction about our action or lack of action, or about the standard of service provided by us or on our behalf. SCoSS’s duties are set out in the Social Security (Scotland) Act (further information is available on our website). SCoSS does not provide services directly to members of the public, rather, we produce reports for Scottish Ministers and the Scottish Parliament. However, we do provide information about our policies on our website and we may also hold events to which members of the public are invited.