Scottish Commission on Social Security: Complaints Handling Procedure
Draft Customer Facing Complaints Handling Procedure
- Document Cover
- What is a complaint?
- What can I complain about?
- What can’t I complain about?
- Who can complain?
- How do I complain?
- How long do I have to make a complaint?
- What happens when I have complained?
- Stage 1: Frontline response
- Stage 2: Investigation
- What if I’m still dissatisfied?
- Getting help to make your complaint
- Our contact details
- Quick guide to our complaints procedure
How long do I have to make a complaint?
11) Normally, you must make your complaint within six months of:
- the event you want to complain about; or
- finding out that you have a reason to complain.
12) In exceptional circumstances, we may be able to accept a complaint after the time limit. If you feel that the time limit should not apply to your complaint, please tell us why.