Business Plan 2022-2023
Scottish Commission on Social Security's business plan covering the period of April 2022 to March 2023.
Our strategic objectives set out what we aim to achieve as SCoSS. We aim to:
1. Provide unique expert, independent and evidence-based scrutiny of draft social security regulations that is driven by human rights and the social security principles.
2. Work alongside Scottish Ministers, the Scottish Government and the Scottish Parliament as well as other key stakeholders like people with lived experience to ensure our work constructively supports the development of a devolved social security system based on dignity, fairness and respect.
3. Provide strategic insight and intelligence into whether the aims, values and expectations set out in the Social Security Charter are being met, ensuring that the Charter is realised through the real life experiences of people who rely on the Scottish social security system.
4. Ensure our remit, governance model, operating structure, processes and resource management are fit for purpose and are systematically reviewed to maximise the effectiveness and efficiency of SCoSS’s contribution to the maintenance and development of the devolved social security system.
5. Continually seek to provide transparency about how we make our decisions and to ensure our information is accessible and inclusive through all channels.