Our strategic objectives set out what we do to achieve our purpose of scrutinising social security regulations and reporting on the social security charter. Our Strategic Objectives for 2023-24 are—
- We will provide expert, independent and evidence-based scrutiny of draft social security regulations that is driven by the social security principles and human rights.
- We will provide independent challenge and advice on whether people are getting the service from the social security system that the Social Security Charter says they should expect.
- We will work alongside Scottish Ministers, the Scottish Government and the Scottish Parliament as well as other key stakeholders, such as people with lived experience, to ensure our work constructively supports the development of a devolved social security system based on dignity, fairness and respect.
- We will make engagement with people with lived experience of the devolved social security system and other stakeholders central to our scrutiny.
- We will be transparent about how we make our decisions.
- We will improve the accessibility and inclusivity of our information.
- We will ensure our remit, governance model, operating structure, processes and resource management are fit for purpose and are systematically reviewed to maximise the effectiveness and efficiency of SCoSS’s contribution to the maintenance and development of the devolved social security system.
- We will seek to embed continuous improvement across all our work.